Salon Lucero

Monday, May 05, 2008

So it’s my first week as a partially employed person. I don’t know what to do yet. I don’t know what to write yet. I guess I just thought that working would fall right into place and all but not as easy as I thought it would be. It’s a bit more complicated right now.

My thoughts are flooded and I am restless. I can’t sit for more than ten minutes at a time. I am only working 2 days a week during the days. I still have various evening engagements. Some paid.

I have the new bi-weekly DJing gig that is giving me a good small chunk of cashola. If anyone is around, I’m at Manahatta which is at 310 Bowery between Bleecker and Houston from the hours of 6:30pm to 10:30pm.

Everything else is various at best.

I am making enough money to pay bills and a little on top of that, but its situations like this that make me happy to work at a bar. I get to drink cheap and that helps things.

Urban Word mentoring helps the pocket as well but I am almost done with regular workshops for the season. The summer is not a busy time over at Urban Word.

What I do know is that I don’t want to return to regular work. I don’t want a regular day job at least. Maybe a few more nightlife gigs would be nice. Bartending or DJing or something along those lines. I am exhausted of Day Jobs or full time jobs that bring no type of satisfaction to me. Maybe I should have gone to college if that were the case but I didn’t. I’m 27 and I’ve been working 6 to 7 days a week for the last 10 years. Now I have a total of 4 days a week where I am not really working for someone else.

With this time I want to really work on my own stuff. Be it poetry or music or promoting or making deals and having a regular hustle, this is what I want to do. Find a way to make money while working on my arts.

I’m fortunate to have enough money to pay bills without falling behind, and I am fortunate to have a girlfriend who is supporting me during this confusing time.

I’m happy yet terrified.

Today is day one.

Tomorrow I will work. Wednesday I should have off but I have to make up a few hours.

Friday I don’t know what to do.
I’ll figure it out though.
Writing prompts would be great right now Send them to me if you can. Please.

That’s it for now.

Con tato, Chevere nice, Te gusto?

5:01 PM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home